Friday, September 12, 2008

FIrst email from Zambia!

Mon, 8 Sep 2008 17:43:51
Hi Everyone!
I am finally on the computer for the first time today! Don't have much time but wanted to say hi. We would have ha more time to spend in the internet cafe |(i am using that term loosely) but I decided to hang out at the dambo behind the castle (castle in Lundazi, Zambia...strange, huh?) We were climbing on rocks, watching kids play in the water, and most importantly...wandering out on a log in the water watching a HIPPO!!!! We must have only been 50 feet from the massive animal who came to surface for 8 seconds (at most) at a time to let out a groan and twitch its ears! I am still in amazement! Running out of time on the computer so I will have to wrap this up.
I miss you all so much. Zambia is amazing andI love it here. I am still in training (where I learn technical skills for service and also the language Tumbuka). Right now we are on out second site visit, staying with a volunteer who has been here for a year. We head back to Chalimbana (where my home stay family and the training center are) on friday. We swear in on September 26 and then durring the first week of october i will be dropped off in my village, Zumwanda! I will have a new address. I will try to get it tonight and pass it on asap. So any mail you wish to send please send to the new address. There is nothing I would love more than to recieve letters. I have not really had tome to write, but I will have great opportunity to do so once I am through with training. I would love to know how everyone is doing.
Love and miss you all!
Jessica
ps...i apologize for typos...no time to proof read!

No comments: